Job ID: 127509
Date Posted: 08/04/2023
Salary Range: $26-$30/hr + $500 signing bonus, if eligible
Employment Type: Hiring
Shift: Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm) Fri (8am-4pm)
About the Position:
To enhance profitability and growth by providing HR systems and support that result in strong leader/employee relations focused on our mission, employee recruitment, and retention and development. The HR Generalist is responsible for several human resource activities including but not limited to recruiting, evaluation tracking, SOP development and follow-though, training, and workers compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Supports the organization through work in several areas of human resources.
• Recruitment activities
• Coordinates employment activities and events.
• Receives and acts on employee complaints or grievances.
• Prepares or maintains employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
• Ensures compliance with labor laws and regulations.
• Maintains and updates policies and procedures
• Recommends and coordinates employee training activities including orientation.
• Administers compensation and benefits and performance programs.
• Addresses employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or Public Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in manufacturing environment.
• SHRM and/or PHR Certification preferred
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of…
• HRIS/Payroll System knowledge, excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, onboarding, interviewing, workers compensation, Microsoft Office products, and graphic design and/or project management experience is a huge plus
• Strong recruitment skills a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. [The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.] The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers for keyboarding; bend and reach with hands and arms; twisting head/neck and waist, and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, squat, and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.