Job ID: 68584
Date Posted: 11/09/2021
Salary Range: $15 + $1.50/shift differential STARTING WAGE & $500 SIGNING BONUS, IF ELIGIBLE
Position Classification: Production Labor
Employment Type: Hiring
Sonderen Packaging, is a family company in its third generation of ownership. Since 1963 Sonderen Packaging has been a staple of the Spokane, WA community. We conduct business with the highest level of integrity while striving to maintain a family focused culture. Our culture is built on respectful relationships with our customers and employees. We have a positive working environment with a talented team, and excellent benefits. Are you a reliable & detail-oriented employee, who likes a good challenge and has a positive attitude?
A Case Sealer works in the finishing department to support the output efficiencies of the department. A Case Sealer is responsible for staging pallets for all active glue machines and paying close attention to where they are needed most. During the entirety of their shift, a case sealer is expected to bend, lift, carry, and push and pull corrugated cases that weigh up to 40lbs and pallets that weigh up to 60lbs. Our best Case Sealers have strength and stamina and the ability to scan and plan to stay ahead of the production pace. A Case Sealer will also be trained on various other jobs in the finishing department to help out where needed most. The finishing team members had this to say about their manager, “Allen is a good listener and a clear communicator. He will get you the help you need if you are struggling and need an extra hand.” If you are looking to stay busy and in great shape, this position is for you!
This custom manufacturing business is also very humbling in that you learn something new every single day. Manufacturing is exciting and can be unpredictable. We all do the best we can but at the end of the day we must give ourselves some grace. Although we strive for perfection, we are not perfect people and do not make a perfect product. However, we take pride in seeing our quality product on the store shelf. We are lifelong learners. We persevere through tough times and are always looking for ways to improve. We love to laugh and joke and celebrate success. If these are characteristics you embody, it is likely you would be a great fit for our team. Are you up for the challenge??
Requirements: Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Flexible position that will adjust to the workload each day with a goal to help in any manner to keep the folder/gluers running
2. Ensure that the proper pallets are available prior to the beginning of each order starting to run
3. Read and understand the job ticket and ensure the pallets are being structured in accordance with the information supplied
4. Assist Packers, Operators, and all other Finishing Department personnel when time allows during make-readies
5. Cut layer board when necessary
6. Keep work area neat, clean, and free of hazards.
7. Perform other duties as required
8. While the regular working cycle of this production is usually four (10) hour days Monday – Thursday, or a scheduled weekend shift Friday – Sunday three (12) hour days, and administrative position working five (8) hour days Monday – Friday: working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by Management.
9. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start time and end times of work.
10. Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
11. Observe and conform to all company rules and regulations as outlined in the “Employee Handbook”
12. It is the essential function of the job that the individual will not be a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves, others, or property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
13. Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
14. Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the company policies and procedures.
Position Specifications: Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Education: Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through HS Diploma or equivalent education or an equivalent combination knowledge, skills, education or work-related experience. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and communicate effectively EOE/M/F/D/V