Job ID: 78652
Date Posted: 05/26/2022
Salary Range: $22.00-$26.00 STARTING WAGE & $500 SIGNING BONUS, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAIL.
Position Classification: Production Labor
Employment Type: Hiring
We are looking for a driven and experienced offset printing press operator to push our team to new heights and meet customer demand! This position is responsible for the operation of the offset printing press during the duration of the work shift. The printing press operator leads and directs the crew to work in the most efficient and effective manner. This position takes responsibility for the quality of the job and how a job will be run.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the proper size, style, copy, and color samples are provided for the job being run. A job is not to be run until approval is given for the size, style, copy, and color.
2. Review whole sheet for plate defects, print register issues and fit to die vinyl, blanket smashes, hickies and print defects. Monitor color, Maintain consistent ink level in ink fountains. Complete make ready checklist, review each item. Complete run checklist.
3. Monitor color to approved target. Make color cuts from each load. Monitor coating process for: proper coating, viscosity, pile temperature, check coating pattern and review for blobs and slinging.
4. Mark sample area on the load for each job-areas MUST represent good samples.
5. Wash and make ready of jobs on press. Ensure production information is entered into ERP system. Use a production report and log necessary information if system is down.
6. Fully accomplished with performing all computer functions of the press; includes set up and maintenance of color, plate register, setting water levels, and proper set up of the coating unit.
7. Troubleshoot printing and press related problems. Assist the Feeder operator in ensuring that sheets are fed efficiently.
8. Check for offset spray coverage, ensure printing is as “dry” as possible, identify any defects on load, mark are in Red, and tag with defect sample. Clearly communicate with next shift any issues that have occurred during the shift.
Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through HS diploma or Equivalent education or an equivalent combination knowledge, skills, education or work-related experience.
Job related experience for five (5) or more years experience in printing, six (6) months 2nd pressman experience minimum.
Multi Color Offset, Sheet feed Experience, Team Oriented, Detail and Quality Oriented